7 Quick Tips for Building an Elite Team
A gaggle of people does not a team make. Transforming that gaggle into an elite team takes time, dedication and some tough decisions.
Tips for Building an Elite Team
Here are 7 quick action-oriented tips to get you on the right path:
- Be friendly to everyone. Be sure to dish out plenty of dignity and respect, and you’ll find others will follow your lead.
- Tell them everything. And expect them to tell you the same. Shared knowledge builds loyalty and trust.
- Practice Pulitzer Prize plagiarism: Steal ideas only from the best, and surround yourself with people who are bolder and brighter than you.
- Invest heavily in loyalty. If team members know that you’re always loyal to them, they’ll give you the same in return.
- Realize that fairness (not cleanliness, nor sameness) is next to godliness.
- Never be too busy to laugh. Nothing gets people through a crisis like a good laugh – and a leader that’s willing to enjoy it with them.
- Know thyself—and build your team based on goals and objectives to be accomplished, as well as on individual strengths, motivation, integrity and capacity.